Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bumps, oh no!

Yesterday, I received a call from my sweet friend, Michelle, who watches my boys on Wednesdays. She said that she had just noticed a rash on Gabe with a few red bumps. She kept me posted throughout the afternoon about the spreading of the rash and that he was still happy, with no fever or difficulty breathing. Michelle brought the kids to church, and the consensus of people that looked at Gabe was that it was probably chicken pox. Immediately I started getting sad that he was going to have pox on his birthday (this Sunday).
When we woke up this morning, none of the bumps had white heads and had mostly turned into blotches. We went to the doctor around 11am this morning and the nurse determined that it was a reaction to an antibiotic he has been on for 9 days already. Bless, his heart! In the last 2 1/2 weeks we have been to the doctor three times for him...difficulty breathing and coughing (diagnosed with early signs of asthma), still not better (had double ear infection), and rash all over body (caused by antibiotic). He has gone through the ringer lately!!! He is such a good baby...the itching has not changed his happy demeanor at all. Well, here are the pictures that I took to document his first major rash!






5 comments:

Smith Family said...

Melissa, Campbell had this same reaction to an antibiotic. Doesn't it just break your heart sister!? I am so sorry this happened, but Campbell's rash disappeared after he discontinued the antibiotic. On a happier note... HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABE!!! We love and miss the Murrell family. :)
~The Smiths

C:M:W said...

Poor little thing.... He is a CHAMP!!!!

Amanda said...

Oh no! Bless his heart!

Jill Marie said...

Roor little guy! I hope things get better soon! At least he is still smiling!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! Poor baby Gabe! I can't even stand it! Well, I guess I can if he can. :) Poor guy. He is really a champ.