Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our New Home

When we moved into our apartment community to serve as a CARES Team, we decided to live in the smallest two bedroom offered to save money. It was perfect for us because it was just us and Joshua. However, when we found out that another baby was on the way, my thoughts immediately went to the need for another room. Did I mention our apartment was on the 3rd floor. It was already a challenge to drag Joshua up the stairs along with whatever belongings we had on that particular trip (diaper bag, purse, groceries, lunch kit, etc.). I decided that we needed to move around October or November of last year, which put me in the last trimester of being pregnant with Gabe. When the time came, we just didn't feel a peace about moving, so we kept putting it off. Once I realized I could make my big pregnant self go up those stairs, it wasn't as big of a deal. I was a little nervous though about taking two babies up the stairs once Gabe came. Somehow God gave me super powers because we we made it for 4.5 months...me, Gabe, Josh and all our gear.

I don't know why I am giving so many details except to say that it was a HUGE blessing when Peter told me on my birthday in April that his present to me would be a move into a 3 bedroom apartment as soon as one was available. We were able to move into a 3 bedroom in June and it is on the 1st floor! It has literally changed my life to be on the 1st floor, not in an eternal sense (except I don't curse on the way up the stairs), but in a convenience sense! Not only did my husband give me this great gift, he also packed our apartment while I was on vacation in California with the boys AND moved us while I was at work the day after we got back from CA. He worked so hard to give us this gift, and we are enjoying so much having more space, and not having Gabe live in our room anymore! Thank you, Peter...you never cease to amaze me with the sacrifices you are willing to make for our family.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! Way to go, Peter!!

Linsey said...

Yea! I couldn't imagine living on the 3rd floor. You must have had a tight back side!