Sunday, December 3, 2006

Christmas is only 22 days away!

I love Christmas and all of the things that go with the busyness of the season: spending time with family, buying presents, putting up decorations, going to Christmas parties, watching kids take pictures with Santa Claus, baking and eating cookies, and going to the Christmas Eve service at church. All of these are fun traditions, but this year is so much more special! We are looking forward to enjoying Christmas through Joshua's eyes. I can't imagine what a 7 month old is thinking when he sees lights up on houses, ornaments, and trees inside! Really, I wonder what he is thinking most of the time. As you can see from the pictures, he even got into the Christmas spirit early and put on his Santa suit.

The Murrells came to visit us this weekend...we had a great time as always. One of my highlights was a letter Oksana wrote to Joshua. He was taking a nap, so she had to read it to me. I won't post everything she wrote, but she was, so kindly, explaining to him that Santa is not real, and that one day he would realize that it was his Mommy and Daddy who put the presents under the tree. After laughing about the letter, I told her that I would let him see it, but not for quite a few years!


| View Show | Create Your Own

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joshua, you are so cute in your Santa suit! We can't wait to see you at Christmas!!! Love, Uncle Phil and Aunt Kelly

Alicia said...

Just today also I found your blog on Amanda's blog!! It was great to get a message from you. I honestly don't have your email address anymore. The only one I have is the old one from the church. Would you email me at alicia.divers@gmail.com and give me your address... thanks :)