Wednesday, April 11, 2007

First Day of "School"

Joshua experienced his first day of school on Monday...he went to our church's Kids Day Out from 9am-2:30pm. I had decided to put him in KDO on Mondays until I go back to work in May...to see how he will do in childcare and to see how I will do without him! I thought that I was going to be a wreck without him all day, but to my surprise, I really enjoyed my day alone! I took a long shower and read a book...two things that I have not done much of in the last 11 months. When I dropped him off in his class, he immediately started playing and didn't even notice when I left the room. His sweet teachers, Mrs. Cheryl and Mrs. Dianna, said that he did not cry once through the day and enjoyed playing. They sent home a note listing out what they did, how much he ate, when he took a nap, and yes, even when they changed his diapers!
Here is a picture of Joshua when I picked him up from KDO. He wasn't into posing...he just wanted me to pick him up (just the reaction I was hoping for)!

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

That is so sweet! Good job Joshua!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

A long shower and a good read...it just doesn't get more luxurious than that! Enjoy your Mondays!