Saturday, July 21, 2007

Thirteen Weeks and Counting!

We went to the doctor Tuesday afternoon for the 12 week appointment and the doctor said that everything looked good. He said the baby is growing on schedule and had a healthy heartbeat.

While we were looking at the sonogram the baby was moving constantly. It looked like he/she might have had the hiccups because the body was jerking a lot...then an arm would fly up and back down...and then the baby did a complete 360 degree roll...from back to front and front to back. It was pretty wild to see that. So I'm thinking that we may have a very active baby on our hands in six months...and I might be feeling lots of movement in a few weeks!

The next appointment will be in six weeks at the end of August. We are waiting six weeks instead of four, so we will hopefully be able to find out the sex of the baby!

Below is the sonogram picture. It is amazing how much the baby has grown in four weeks. The baby is on its back and the head is to the left (profile shot). You can't see a whole lot in the picture, but you should be able to make out the head.


5 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Precious pictures of the new baby! I love the profile shots!

The Brunson Bunch said...

Hey! It's fun to find y'all on blogger. Congratulations on your new addition!
jenn

MamaCass said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. Those first pictures are always so exciting!

Michelle said...

That is so fun to see that on the sonogram! When I went in around that time, I could not believe how big the baby already was. I guess I forgot since last time. So it looks like you could have one active baby...Joshua will like that! :)

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe these pictures! Mostly, I can't believe there's one of those inside me, too! We are having our first sonogram in mid-August (I'll be about 20 wks). Now I really can't wait!

Thanks for all the updates!