Monday, July 2, 2007

Last Week's Happenings

I realized that I haven't posted in a while and grandparents and aunts/uncle are probably ready for an update. Joshua had a great week last week with Daddy back in town. We had a lot of fun together over the weekend...relaxing a little and having fun with Apartment Life stuff. I will let the pictures tell the stories.

These pics didn't turn out too great, but this was from our visit with Christie and Baby Ellie. She is such a cutie pie!





A sign of things to come..."No, Joshua, don't touch the baby's face."




Joshua enjoys Kid's Care at church so much! Next to him in this picture is his friend Toby. Toby happened to bring his swim goggles that day and when the teacher brought out the bubble machine he insisted on wearing them! One other cute story about Toby. His mom, also a Melissa that works in the office, is also pregnant and due around the same time we are. She asked Toby if he wanted a baby brother or baby sister, and he said that he wants a "baby Joshua". What good friends! And Joshua loves playing with bigger kids when he gets the chance.




Joshua and his buddy Ella made these flags in Kid's Care last week. Their teachers decided that they need a flag to wave on July 4th.




When I brought Joshua back to my office after Kid's Care, he made a bee-line to my boss' office.
Caught in the act!

On Thursday night we had a playdate at Janelle's house. She filled up their cute frog pool for some swimming fun, but Joshua did not want to have anything to do with it. I put him in it several times and he promptly crawled out. Jackson and Ava were also there, but I did not get a picture of them all together.

This is probably the one picture on my entire blog that does not have Joshua in it, but this was too cute not to include. Jackson took all of Ella's stuffed animals off of her bench and laid down in the middle of them. He was just soaking up their furry-ness!

10 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

I LOVE these pictures!! Ella always has so much fun with Joshua. I'm so glad they get to spend every Wednesday together in at the church child care. I hope they are good friends for many, many, many, many years.
And that picture of Jackson is crazy cute!!!

Amanda said...

I hope you will understand when I steal this picture of Jackson and put it on my blog! Oh, I love it so much!

MamaCass said...

What great pictures! Joshua is such a cutie pie! How awesome that they started the daycare at church for you guys.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Please tell me you'll have a picture of Joshua waving that flag today!

Kristin said...

Hey, it is not just grandparents and aunts and uncles that are desperate to see pictures of your little man. I check all the time for Joshua fixes and I was going through a bit of a withdrawal so thanks for the update!!
Loveyou guys

Anonymous said...

I love reading about Joshua and seeing his pictures! He is adorable! But, my favorite today has to be the pictures of Joshua in your bosses office. Really, your boss's office. . . tell him that I said that it is beginning to look like another office of a person that I love and know.
Thanks for sharing!

Love to the Murrells!
Linda Sproule

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Touching the babies face actually sounds like a nice gesture. Let me share why...At our house it was more like, please don't throw balls at your brothers face and we don't shoot nurf guns at his head either! I am still laughing.
Very cute pics!

Janelle and Ella said...

I just tagged you. Go to my blog for details.

Lauren said...

hey melissa,
this has nothing to do with your post - i'm tagging you to do a meme on the 5 things you dig about Jesus. you can see my list on my blog & the rules are there - have fun!

Phillips said...

Melissa, I don't know if you remember me, but I saw you at the Beth Moore Minister's Wives Conference and went to DBU. I remember seeing you pregnant at the conference and wanted to let you know how precious little Joshua is. What a blessing from God, he looks like so much fun and a cutie pie!!!
Sara Phillips