Saturday, June 23, 2007

Missing Daddy!

Peter has been gone since last Sunday (early morning) with the high schoolers from our church. They went to Hollywood, CA on mission trip. From what he has told me, it has been a great week of learning evangelism strategies and putting them to practice in all kinds of different settings. They have witnessed in parks, on beaches, on Hollywood Blvd, on Skid Row (large homeless population), and at a Kid's Club.

Joshua and I dropped Peter off at the airport at 5:30 a.m. last Sunday which was Father's Day. It was kind of sad for me (I don't know if Peter cared) that we weren't getting to spend the day with him on HIS DAY. We did celebrate a little on Saturday in between VBS, laundry, and packing. We are SO glad that he will be on his way home to us in a few hours. I keep imagining us going to DFW airport and waiting for him in baggage claim. Joshua spots his daddy and starts running toward him, arms in the air and shouting "DaDa"! I don't know if that will really happen, but it would be so sweet if it did!

While it was hard to have Peter away, I did enjoy my time with Joshua. We got to go swimming one evening, and went on a date to Boston Market last night. My parents came in town for a few days to help keep us company so we had a good time with them. This morning, Joshua gets to meet a new friend for the first time...Elliot Louise Sherrell. We have been waiting over two months to get to see her (my fault), so we are excited to get to meet this precious little girl.

I have learned this week once again that "absence makes the heart grow fonder." I have missed my husband and I know Joshua has missed his "DaDa". Peter is such a good daddy and loves to spend time with his boy. Peter, we are so glad that we get to see you in nine hours!

3 comments:

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

I hope your daddy gets home safe!

MamaCass said...

I think Rod's traveling is one of the reasons we get along so well because we really appreciate our time together. I am sure Joshua was go glad to see his Daddy!

Jill Marie said...

I totally understand. We were away from Lamar for a week and a half and it was awful. I am glad he is home for you guys now. Joshua is adorable. Congratulations on the upcoming addition. We are so happy for you guys.