Friday, July 27, 2007

Splash Day

Our preschool department at First Irving hosts fun events throughout the summer for the little kids. Joshua was able to participate in Splash Day, which was last Wednesday. Since I was working, his teachers took him out there, and I was able to join him for a while. They had lots of kiddie pools filled with water, a slip 'n slide, bubbles everywhere, and a huge water slide (huge is relative). Joshua absolutely loved the water spraying in his face as he went down the slide and then sitting at the bottom of the slide in a pool of water. It was so fun to watch him play around the other kids...he still is not too intrigued by other kids his age.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but Joshua is a tough boy. There were several (probably 5 or 6) times that he slipped on the wet tarp or on spilled bubbles and landed flat on his back. A few times I rushed to him to make sure he was okay, but he never whimpered. Here are a few pictures from that fun day...my friends Janelle and Star had their cameras there that day and shared the pictures with me.

Joshua and Ella playing in the pool...

Joshua was obsessed with this bubble blower. He had it in his mouth almost the entire morning. Luckily, I don't think there were any bubbles in there.
Here is my big boy going down the slide. I would set him halfway up the slide and he would fly down. He probably would have been brave enough to go from the top, but I wasn't!
Waiting his turn for the slide...

6 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! I'm so sad we missed that!

Janelle and Ella said...

Joshua is SO tough!! I was very impressed with how brave he was the whole time. These pictures are great. The one of him and Ella is adorable! And I LOVE the close up of him eating the bubble blower!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

That slide is awesome!

MamaCass said...

It was fun after Tobey warmed up to the water. Great pictures!

Michelle said...

Melissa, he is so adorable! For some reason, I always love to look at baby pool pics! :)

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

looks like a fun summer day!