Friday, August 3, 2007

Weekend Fun

Last weekend my parents came in town for a quick visit. They picked Joshua up from Kid's Day Out and took him to the playground, the duck pond and swimming. They all had a great time and wore Joshua out!








Below is the famous Irving fountain that brings joy to Joshua's heart each morning as we drive past it. As soon as we get close enough to see it, he smiles, starts pointing, and says his version of "see". We always just pass by on our way to church, but last Sunday morning we had some extra time, so I took Joshua to see it up close. For the first full minute we were there, all he could do was point at it and say "wa wa" for water. Then his fascination with it diminished a little and his determination to get in the fountain ensued. We only ended up staying for about five minutes because he was so upset that I wouldn't let him get in the water. It is a very large, shallow fountain and it even made me want to take my shoes off and run through the water.

6 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

That picture of him on the big kid swing is SO cute!
I'm glad Joshua finally got to play by the fountain he loves so much! It's so cute the way he says see.

MamaCass said...

Tobey loves this fountain but he is not as brave as Joshua to try and climb in. I am tagging you.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Whenever I pass the Irving fountain, I always want to wade in it too! It looks so refreshing!

Michelle said...

He is so cute! He looks so much like you Melissa! Janelle and Kristin were informing me on how much of a whiz your child is! I can't believe that he walked so early and talked so early! I love the picture of him looking at the water!

Our Small Group said...

I love picturing cute Joshua getting so excited to see the fountain every morning. He is such a sweet boy!

FordeFam said...

What a cute little guy!!! He looks like a sweetie!!! :)