Monday, August 13, 2007

Lions, Tigers & Bears, Oh My!

The Murrells gave us a wonderful present this weekend and took us to Barnum & Bailey Circus at the American Airlines Center. It has been years since I have been to the circus, so I was really looking forward to seeing all of the acts. Not to mention, I couldn't wait for Joshua to look a clown in the face and watch the animals perform. The show did not disappoint! There was so much energy, music, and lights, it was hard for Joshua to not pay attention. He loved everything and even "roared" the entire time the tigers were in the ring. Here are several pics from the afternoon.

There was a fun pre-show and all of the families could go on the floor and see some acts up close.


Joshua was very interested in the clowns...




Joshua stood ringside for about 10 minutes and was captivated by the clown act. It was so precious to see him enjoying the show.
From his view...


We had great seats on the fourth row, so I felt like we were very close to the action!


Joshua really loved the horses...


Joshua's intermission treat was a snow cone in the clown cup. I don't know that he has ever had that much sugar, and it definitely took its toll on him! He had several "fits" of hyper activity (waving his hand really fast up and down) until he finally...
...crashed from all of the excitement.
Thanks, Granny & Pop for the fun day!

7 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh my goodness. These pictures are almost too cute for me to handle!! What a fun day!
The pic of Joshua standing ringside gave me goosebumps because he looks so grown up and cute!

Lauren said...

What a fun day!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

So cute! I love the clown sno cone then the nap!

MamaCass said...

How fun! We were going to take Tobey. I wish we had now. Looks like it was lots of fun and Joshua had a good time.

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Too cute! I felt like I was right there with the great commentary. He is getting so big! What great memories with your family of Joshua's first circus!

FordeFam said...

Awww!!! These are such adorable pics!!! Looks like he had soooo much fun!!! I love his sweet expressions!!! He looks like he knows that those animals are just hillarious!!! That must have been amazing and such a fun thing to watch with you little guy!!! :) So precious!!!

Tina Braswell said...

Hi Melissa! I'm so glad you said "hi" on my blog! It's been great seeing pictures of you and Peter and sweet little Joshua. He is so cute! So, do you go to church w/ Star & Stephen? Star is one of my best friends that I grew up with. What a small world! :) Tina