Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's A...

BOY!!! We have been so anxious to know whether Joshua was going to have a brother or a sister, and we found out on Tuesday that he is going to have a great playmate! It is such a relief to finally know and now we can start planning for this little guy.


Dr. Clark had a hard time telling the sex because of the position the baby was in. His legs were crossed and the umbilical cord was going through his legs. After about 30 minutes of poking around on my stomach to try to get the baby to change positions, he told us that he was 80% sure that it is a boy. 80%? I really needed to hear 100%, and when I left the doctor's office I was still thinking that there was a chance that he didn't see things correctly and it might be a girl (can you tell I was hoping it would be a girl?!). Now that my denial has worn off, I am very excited about having two boys, and of course Peter is very excited also!


Here are the sonogram pictures...he looks pretty much like he looked six weeks ago, except he now weighs 10.5 ounces.

9 comments:

Lauren said...

How exciting!! Did you get to see him move around very much, like last time?

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful! Now Joshua will have a brother. You can always try for a girl on baby #3?!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! He is getting so big! Aww another boy! You're not gonna make this your last are you?! :-) I miss you so much!

-Casey Cobb

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can't wait to meet baby boy #2!

Alicia said...

yay!! Another boy!! I can't wait to meet this little guy too!!

MamaCass said...

Congratulations! Two boys are going to be twice the fun.

FordeFam said...

Congratulations! They're going to have so much fun! :)

Kay Altic said...

Congrats friend...so excited for you friend...Joshua will get to have a little bro...to wrestle, shoot baskets with, and so many other things...What is so fun girl is that you will be teaching your boys to shoot...I think about that alot and I can't wait... :) - they will have an awesome 3 pointer!!! I remember...Love you girl

Kristin said...

Melissa, i am so excited for you guys and your second little guy!!! I am the most excited for your sons and how the Lord has given each of them a built in best friend and confidante for life!!!!!