Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Kindergarten already?!

Again, I am very late on updating my blog...this is from February 20th!

My sweet friend, Julie, teaches Kindergarten in Waxahachie. Joshua and I have visited her a few times this year, and Joshua has become a mascot for her class. The students really love him! Whenever we go, the kids make me laugh the entire time because of what they will say. (Note to parents: don't say anything that you don't want your kid to repeat to their teacher.) This time, the kids were learning the letter "p" and the "p" sound. Julie told the students that this was Joshua's favorite sound and that they should say it to him...luckily, he smiled really big when they all said it. My favorite part of our visit was when the kids were asking him questions... Joshua would "tell me" his answer, and then I would tell the kids. (Is it bad to take advantage of them being gullable?) They asked how he got so smart, what his favorite movie is, and his favorite food. Asking his favorite food got us on another topic...I started telling them all of the foods he likes that start with the "p" sound...peaches, pears, pineapples...then the kids started asking if he liked other foods like pizza and pasghetti! Seriously...the cute little kid said pasghetti like four times.

Here is Joshua with the whole class surrounding him...Julie made them give him a little room so he didn't get upset. He loved the attention though!




I'm not sure how she taught the lesson with a 9.5 month old in her lap! She is a great teacher and has way more patience than I have!



While the students were in the computer lab, Joshua got all of Julie's attention. He took about half of the blocks out of the box...one at a time, he pulled a block out, put it in his mouth, and then threw it across the room.

I am not ready for him to go to Kindergarten as a student...it makes me sad just thinking about it!

3 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

That is really cute!!! I wish I could have been there to see those funny moments!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I love it! And I bet that made those kindergarteners days, getting to see Joshua! How cute!

Anonymous said...

Probably the best blog you've ever posted!