Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day took on a whole new meaning this year. I was a brand new mother last year...just 10 days of practice under my belt, but a very proud mother, nonetheless. This year is different. I have had an entire year of growing, nurturing, and playing with my boy! It is pretty amazing all of the new things Joshua has done and how much he has grown in the last year. I can hardly stand to be separated from him, even for a few hours. He brightens each and every day we share together! Last year on Mother's Day, I just wanted to get out of our apartment. So Peter took Joshua and I to Coldstone Creamery and to the movies...yes, Joshua slept through his first movie at 10 days old...Mission Impossible 3. Probably not a great start to motherhood, subjecting him to lots of germs and loud noises, but it was a much needed break for both Peter and I. This year took a different tone, as I accompanied Joshua to the Preschool Mother's Day tea at church. It was really sweet. We ate muffins and fruit together in his Sunday School class room, and then took a picture together (pic to come). I loved that we were able to attend a "tea" together...in a few years he may not be so excited about that, so I will treasure these first few years when he doesn't care!



Joshua got a belated birthday present in the mail from his Auntie Alicia...he loves his bag...he is going to be able to take all of his favorite things with him to school!




I was able to spend a good part of this weekend with my mom, just not Mother's Day. She and my dad came to Dallas for Peter's graduation and then hung out with us until Saturday morning. This morning in Sunday School I asked each of the girls to share one thing that they love about their mom...mine was that I love that we are friends. It wasn't always that way (I am worried teenage years with Joshua b/c of this), so it is so much fun now to be able to talk with her about what is going on in my life and her life, and we just enjoy conversation. The topic of conversation inevitably turns to what Joshua is doing that day. She is always an encouragement to me, a prayer warrior on my behalf, and an example of a godly woman. I love you, mom!

1 comment:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Happy Mother's Day! Isn't it amazing what we've learned in a year? Joshua is so lucky to have you as his mommy!