Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Life with Two

...is interesting! I knew it would be, and that it would be a challenge, and life this last week and a half has not disappointed! My mom has been staying with us and has been a HUGE help. She has helped cook, clean, do laundry, and oh yeah, take care of the 20 month old! I have pretty much been able to focus on Gabriel...feed him, change poopy diaper, change again because I started before he was finished, sleep for a while, and start the process all over again. Gabriel is a very easy baby so far, which is a huge blessing. He has been sleeping for 3-4 hours at a time at night and eats very well.
Joshua must have picked up a stomach bug last week, because starting on Wednesday he threw up a few times and then followed that up with loose diapers for three more days. I was so nervous that Gabriel was going to get it, but God protected his little body. Here are a few pictures of our time since Gabriel was born. I am starting to get major cabin fever, so once the weather is nice, we will be out and about with more pictures to follow!
Our first family of 4 picture...Joshua loved my water cup and refused to put it down!


Gabriel in his "going home" outfit. I want to have words with infant clothes makers. Gabriel was an average-sized newborn (7 lb. 9 oz.) and the newborn size from Target absolutely swallowed him up. We ended up getting some preemie outfits that are only supposed to fit babies up to 5 1/2 pounds, but fit him perfectly. He is growing a lot and will be in his newborn clothes soon!
On Wednesday we took Gabriel to his first pediatrician visit with Dr. Dickey. She was so sweet and helpful to us. We go back again this Thursday for his two week visit.

After the doctor visit, we gave Gabriel his first bath...as you can tell from the picture, he was not very happy with us!

...my sweet sleeper
Joshua playing in his tent...he has had lots of fun playing at home this week!
Peter spending some quality time with Joshua...

My mom with her grandsons...

15 comments:

Amanda said...

Melissa, these pictures are such a fun and sweet look into your life! Gabe is so precious. I can't wait to see the boys together.

Janelle and Ella said...

All of these pictures are so great!! My favorites are:
The one of Gabe in the boppy!
The one of Joshua in his tent!
And of course your first family picture.
I love your family of four!

Stephenandstar said...

Gabriel is so precious!! I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet him in person!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Everyone looks wonderful! Gabriel sounds like an awesome sleeper! I can't imagine the challenge of 2!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look to the page! The picture of Joshua and Gabriel is adorable!

The Self Cottage said...

Yay- i love the new addition! What a cute peanut! Hey, I totally left your apartment and forgot to get your in-law's address. I just owe them a thank you. When you get a minute just email me. Love you, L

MamaCass said...

These pictures are great. Gabe is so handsome. I bet Joshua is loving his little brother.

Jill Marie said...

Congratulations! Gabe is so precious and of course Joshua is as cute as ever.

Lauren said...

What a gorgeous family, Melissa! You and Peter must be proud.

By the way, you look great! I can't believe you were changing diapers and bathing Gabriel so soon--it was several days after my c-section before I could bend over the baby like that. You must be a quick healer!

FordeFam said...

Such sweet pics!!! Sooo happy for ya'll!!! :) Two handsome little boys!!! :)

Michelle said...

He is so cute! I can not wait to get some pics with all four of our boys! That is so funny about the hospital mug, because Keegan loved mine too! (in fact, he really did not want to give it up!) I too want to duke it out with children clothes designers. Every outfit is still swallowing Jack and he is 4 weeks old. Thanks for updating the blog for all of us!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! These pictures are so cute! I want to see yall! I am coming home this weekend and it would be so awesome to see yall! I will call you!
Miss you guys!

Kay Altic said...

Your sweet family is beautiful!!!! So happy for you friend...Love you

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Cute pics! It was great seeing the baby Gabriel and big brother Joshua the other day! Call me if you need anything! Oh, bring your sling to church and I'll show you how to wear it!

Amy said...

you and michelle are my heroes! i can barely deal with my one...much less two!

i have tagged you on my page, come see what you have to do! (if you have a free minute.)

Amy