Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Baby Murrell...now has a name!

For those of you who were around when I was pregnant with Joshua, you know that his name was not announced until the night before his birth to our families. This time, we have finally made a decision and are excited to announce that Baby Murrell can now be called Gabriel James! Peter and I both loved the name Gabriel when we talked about it and have decided that we will probably call him Gabe most of the time. James is Peter's first name and has been in his family for many generations. Gabriel means "God is my strength", and that is our prayer for him...that he will grow into a godly man that relies on God to be his strength.

Here's a pregnancy update: Over the last several weeks we have been anticipating Gabriel's arrival at any moment. Not because of anything the doctor has said or any contractions, just because Joshua was four weeks early. I seem to always have "borderline" things happen to me late in pregnancy. The amniotic fluid level is borderline, my blood pressure is borderline, and my patience has definitely been borderline :) Dr. Clark threatened me with bed rest at my last appointment, so I have been trying to take it easy this week. We go back for another appointment and check on the amniotic fluid level on Tuesday morning. I have passed the 37 week mark which is technically full term and Gabriel's lungs should be fully developed at this point. We have scheduled the c-section for Friday, January 18th, and I can't believe that is only two weeks away! Whenever he makes his arrival, we will be excited and are anxiously awaiting that day!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great name! I hear either Curt or Pastor John talk about that name right before Christmas and I thought it had such a cool meaning. I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Janelle and Ella said...

2 weeks away? I can't believe it. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. :-) This was a funny post with the borderline talk.

Lauren said...

Welcome baby Gabe! Can't wait to see what he looks like!

Michelle said...

I totally understand how you feel girl! The anticipation is killer! Especially since our babies came early! Wow..2 weeks go by fast! SLEEP!!!

MamaCass said...

What a great name? I know you are ready to meet him. Keeping you in my prayers!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Beautiful name! So exciting! I will be stalking your blog for pictures before or on Jan. 18th!