Sunday, October 7, 2007

Missing Peter!

I think this was the title of a post this summer when Peter was on mission trip with our high schoolers, but it is appropriate once again. Peter left Friday morning bright and early (met at the airport at 4am), along with seven other men, to spread the Name of Jesus in Nicaragua. He has been so excited about this opportunity, and I can't wait to hear all of the stories they will come home with. The team is going to be ministering to the Miskito Indians that live along the Coco River in Nicaragua. From my understanding, there are villages all along the river with boats being the easiest transportation to get from village to village. The team Peter is on, will be helping rebuild a pastor's home that was destroyed in Hurricane Felix. They will also take every opportunity to share the gift of salvation to the Miskito people. Please be praying for receptive hearts for each person they share with, and strength for the team. They will return on Friday evening.

I have to be honest with you, that I have been fighting Satan since Friday to keep thoughts of fear out of my mind, in regard to Peter being gone. I attended our church's women's retreat this weekend and thoughts of fear seemed to consume me. I felt so defeated because I know that God has ordained this trip, and Peter was obedient to go. The speaker, V. Beth Durham, spoke Scripture over each lady that attended. There were so many that spoke to me, but I wanted to share a few...God is so good give words of life and hope to us in our time of need:

1 Peter 3:12-14 "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened."

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
Salvation Safari Team: Philip Moore, Daniel Savage, Peter, John Durham, Hayden Piano, Greg Whaley, Andy Wetherell & Jared Billups

5 comments:

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

It was good to see you at the retreat! Praying for Pete and the crew! Call me if you need a buddy for dinner or just want to talk while your hubby is gone.

Janelle and Ella said...

Praying for Peter and the rest of the guys. This is going to be an amazing trip. I can't wait also to hear the incredible stories.
I know that God is blessing you with His grace, especially since you are so good to rely on His Word to get you through the week.

C:M:W said...

Melissa... I have felt the same way... the devil has been attacking my heart. Thank you for the scripture, it gave light to my morning!

Krystal said...

me too! my heart has been hurting so much! The Lord is so faithful to carry our burdens though!

MamaCass said...

So many scriptures spoke out to me also at the retreat. I love 2 Timothy 1:7. I always remember that verse in times when I am fearful or anxious. I can't wait to hear about the good work God does on this trip.