Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

Here is a late post for Mother's Day...


We spent Mother's Day apart from our moms, but had been able to celebrate them the weekend before when they were with us for Joshua's birthday. Our moms are so special to us and we are so thankful for them. It's amazing how much more I appreciate my mom and what I put her through, now that I am a mom. I realize the sacrifices that she made for me and my sister, and the godly example that she set for us daily. I know that Peter would echo those words for Diane, and I am so grateful to have such a wonderful mother-in-law.


Here are our sweet moms together with their presents from us...monogramed aprons...























Peter and the boys were so sweet to me on Mother's Day! After church we went out to eat and then had a relaxing day at home. The boys colored a card for me and gave me a new tv for my bedroom and new DVD player. Our DVD player broke last week and it was a long week of Joshua asking to watch Veggie Tales, so that gift is much appreciated! Peter also cleaned out and vacuumed my car for me which was definitely an act of service on his part. I am so thankful for my boys and for Peter making it such a nice day!

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

The aprons turned out very well!

Anonymous said...

Car cleaning is big time!
Miss you all at First Irving!
~Lori